– Before freezing the fish, clean it and then rub it with salt, turmeric (Haldi) and a dash of vinegar.
– To lessen the odour of fish, cook it uncovered in a a shallow pot (4 to 5 inch deep) with a large opening.
– Sprinkle lemon juice on fruit to keep them fresh for a longer duration.
– Get maximum fruit/lemon juice by keeping them in warm water for 15 minutes before extracting juice.
– Allow meat to stand at room temperature 1 hour before cooking: It will cook more quickly, brown more evenly, and stick less when pan-fried.
– To keep the Chappatis fresh, cover them with two pieces of clean cloth above and below them in a tight steel container. Leave it on a oven’s griddle that has been warmed first.
– To remove garlic and onion’s bad smell from hands, wash hands first with atta (wheat flour) and then with salt.
– For reducing excessive salt in the curry, put an unripe potato in the curry and stir. Remove it after 10 minutes, it will absorb the salt. You can also reduce salt by putting a small ball of atta (wheat flour) in the curry.
– To make quick and cheap salad dressing, blend a cup of yogurt with little lime juice and seasoning and toss the salad into it.
– To avoid tears while cutting onion, remove outer layer of onion, then cut it into two parts and soak in water for 10 minutes.
– For easy peeling of Garlic (لہسن), put it on a cutting board, then press it with the blunt side of a broad and heavy knife. The peel will be separated.
– For easy peeling of Ginger (ادرک), dip it in water for 15 minutes. Then the peel will be removed easily.
– Vegetables be steamed in a basket over simmering water. They’ll retain more flavor and won’t need any salt.
– Sprinkle a little gramflour (بیسن) over the vegetables to absorb the excessive oil and make them tastier.
– Add some yogurt during cooking to improve the taste of vegetable pulao.
– To keep the cauliflower white, add a little milk to the water.
– When boiling potatoes for cutlets add the salt to the water. Potatoes absorb salt better this way.
– For making crispy french fries, let raw potatoes stand in cold water for at least half an hour before frying.
– Keep tomatoes in refrigerator for one day, then wash them with water. The peel will be removed easily.
– By putting hot water on tomatoes, the peel can come off easily.
– Tap tomatoes with a not very sharp knife until some wrinkles appear on the peel.
– Stick a fork in a tomato, then turn it on fire from all sides until its peel becomes hard and shiny. Then dip it in cold water and immediately take it out. Now the peel will come off easily.
– To remove khara-pun of spinach (پالک), put spinach in a pan and add some salt. Rinse it thoroughly after one hour.
– To remove the bitter taste of karaylay, add some gurr during cooking.
– To remove the bitter taste of Karaylay, peel them, mix salt on them and leave for one hour.
– To remove the bitterness of methi, cut it into small pieces, dip it in a pan of water and add a little haldi. Let it be there for 20 minutes.